Did you know the name of that leafy green vegetable named as the queen of green? May be you think about the spinach, the great childhood powerhouse inspiration of many. But no, Its kale that called the queen of greens and nutrition powerhouse. No doubt the health benefits of spinach are very impressive but at the same time we should not forget about the fact that the kale is being called the new beef. It’s strong and bit bitter flavor makes it fall in the category of the vegetables we don’t want to add in our diet and grocery list. But wait just have a look at the amazing nutrition facts and health benefits of kale to decide, now would you like it to add in your diet or not?
Health Benefits of Kale
- Kale is a rich source of iron which is very important nutrient for the body. Iron deficiency leads to anaemia which causes fatigue and malnutrition. Iron produces more red blood cells in the body, which are responsible for the absorption of more oxygen in the blood.
- Great During pregnancy iron supplements are crucial for the pregnant ladies but a glass of kale juice or this leafy vegetable in your diet would be a great substitute for it and saves your body from any iron deficiency.
- Detoxification of the body is much more convenient with the kale. It’s probably one of the best detoxified foods belong to this planet. It carries a high content of fibre and sulphur in it. Fibre prevents the absorption of toxins within your body. It helps to float them and wash them out of your body. Sulphur when came in contact with the toxins and free radicals, it stick to them. And make it much easier for your body to get rid of these toxins.
- Kale is the best to lose weight as it is low in calorie, high in fibre and carries no fat. You can add it in your diet to take an advantage of this super food and leafy vegetable. It also aids in digestion and presence of folate, magnesium n other vital nutrients make it more valuable.
- It’s a powerful anti-oxidant and anti- inflammatory food. The presence of carotenoids and flavonoid, strong anti-oxidants make it worthy to fight against various cancers. There is about 10% RDA of the omega-3 fatty acids in one cup of kale juice. That is why kale is good for heart health and diabetes problem patients. It protects against asthma, arthritis and autoimmune disorders.
- Kale is high in vitamin A, C, K, B6 and Calcium. Even it carries more calcium in it than milk.
- It also helps lower cholesterol level in the body, Supports cardiovascular system.
- This vegetable gives you glowing skin and healthy hairs.
- It also promotes good eye and brain health.
Nutrition Facts of Kale
Serving size (67g)
Amount / serving
% daily values
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary fibre 1g||5%|
Note: %age of daily values are based on 2000 calories calorie chart.