There exists a million different colors and a billion shades of them, but have you ever seen the color of PLUMS? That deep color that anyone can instantly want to fall in love with, the one color you want to paint your nails like or wear shoes of. But we are not here to focus on the beauty of plums but instead we are to know all Plums nutrition facts and many benefits of this very tasty fruit. Yes, it is even tasty. The juicy flavor of it makes you addicted to it, it becomes your obsession and here is why it is a very good idea to make it your obsession and addiction.
Plums Nutrition Facts
Lets first look at Plums Nutrition value: Amount Per 100 grams
Total Fat: 0.3 g
Potassium: 157 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
Dietary fiber: 1.4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Protein: 0.7 g
I am pretty sure after seeing this you already have some idea how beneficial this tiny little round fruit is. You name the problem and plums have a solution for it. Lets look at its health benefits.
1) If you are suffering from hangover, every word you utter gives you a migraine, just shut up, open your fridge and have some plums. Yes, plums and plums juice is known as the ultimate hangover reliever. You definitely want to remember this.
2) A plum contains potassium in abundance as you can see from the above mentioned nutritious value, this helps it to lower the risk of blood pressure, stroke or any of the heart related diseases.
3) Plums have a very low glycemic index, which means you can eat as many plums as you want without having to worry about getting any kind of diabetes.
4) They have the kind of anti-oxidants that are known for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Plums improve your brain health and helps it function better. It also stop the unwanted breakdown of brain cells because it has anthocyanin and quercetin.
5) Plums provide you a massive advantage if they are taken while you are suffering from breast cancer. This fruit’s extract is very famously been told to kill the most aggressive breast cancer cells and in doing so not at all damaging the surrounding healthy cells.
6) It is also the constipation reliever. Plum is loaded with dietary fiber, sorbitol and isatin. All this helps it in becoming a natural problem solver for people having digestion problems or constipation.
7) Plum has one of the most essential vitamin, vitamin A. Vitamin A is required for a better eye sight, so eating a lot of this fruit definitely improves your vision. Vitamin A also helps to protect our body against oral cavity cancer or lung cancer. All the more reason to love this fruit.
I think these are enough reasons to make you fall in love with this beautiful tiny little fruit. But if still in doubt, do visit a fruit shop or grocery store, you might want to see it before liking it to the level of obsession! Stay healthy, eat plums and wear plum. Always!